Be-cause Integrated Communications is hiring! We’re looking for a wordsmith, with a passion for writing, to join our team of PR pros in Cape Town. The ideal candidate has an excellent sense of news and current affairs, strong storytelling skills, and an eye for detail.
We are a small, hands-on agency that makes a big impact in the fintech, healthcare, early learning and EdTech sectors. We work with multi-nationals, local brands and NGOs to bring their stories to life through public relations and digital strategy. You’ll be writing everything from press releases and op eds, to radio ads and website copy.
- Degree in relevant field
- Socially conscious and able to unpack complex ideas
- Ability to write on different subjects across a variety of sectors
- Excellent media contacts and news-savviness would be a bonus
- Solutions-driven thinker
- Must be Cape Town based
- Driver’s license
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Keen interest in the local media landscape and social media trends
- Good organisational and project management skills
- Able to work independently and remotely
- Attention to detail is a pre-requisite
- Open to feedback and constructive criticism
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player, but also able to work independently
- Able to multi-task and think on your feet
- Able to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Copywriting – press releases, advertorials, media statements, reports etc.
- Securing coverage and interview opportunities
- Acquire knowledge of client’s business and insights into the industry they operate in and assist in anticipating needs, solutions and opportunities to tap into
- Building and sustaining strategic communications plans and opportunities for clients
- Compiling status, action and monthly reports
- Ensuring monthly deliverables are met
Salary is dependent on level of experience.
Excited by what you’ve read? Strongly feel that you meet the brief? Send us your CV, a compelling forwarding letter, and a relevant writing sample, we’d love to hear from you – email@example.com.