Be-cause Integrated Communications is hiring! We’re looking for a junior wordsmith, with a passion for writing, to join our team of PR pros in Cape Town. The ideal candidate has a good sense of news and current affairs, strong storytelling skills, and an eye for detail.
We are a small, hands-on agency that makes a big impact in the fintech, healthcare, early learning and EdTech sectors. We work with multi-nationals, local brands and NGOs to bring their stories to life through public relations and digital strategy.
Are you looking to improve your copywriting skills and grow your skills set through mentoring, in an awesome team environment? You’ll be writing everything from press releases and op eds, to radio ads and website copy. We’ll also train you up to assist with client service, traditional media, and digital media.
Junior writer and media intern
To start from August (or as soon as available)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Keen interest in the local media landscape and social media trends
- Good organisational and project management skills
- Able to work independently and remotely
- Attention to detail is a pre-requisite
- Open to feedback and constructive criticism
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player, but also able to work independently
- Able to multi-task and think on your feet
- Able to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Degree in relevant field
- Ability to write on different subjects across a variety of sectors
- Solutions-driven thinker
- Team player
- Must be Cape Town based
- Driver’s license
- Copywriting – press releases, advertorials, media statements, reports etc.
- Securing coverage and interview opportunities
- Acquire knowledge of client’s business and insights into the industry they operate in and assist in anticipating needs, solutions and opportunities to tap into
- Building and sustaining strategic communications plans and opportunities for clients
- Compiling status, action and monthly reports
- Ensuring monthly deliverables are met
Salary is entry-level and would suit someone entering their first formal job, post-degree.
Excited by what you’ve read? Strongly feel that you meet the brief? Send us your CV, a compelling forwarding letter, and a relevant writing sample, we’d love to hear from you – email@example.com.