Let your skeletons out of the closet – Halloween is here! Ghouls, ghosts, mummies and vampires are encouraged to come out in full force at The Galileo’s screening of The Exorcist Uncut – The Version You’ve Never Seen. Taking place on Friday, 31 October at Kirstenbosch Gardens, the cult classic will be screened for the first time at The Galileo Open Air Cinema. Excited much?
Named the scariest film of all times by Entertainment Weekly and Movies.com, the supernatural horror film was inspired by the 1949 exorcism case of Roland Doe and deals with the demonic possession of a 12-year-old girl and her mother’s desperate attempt to win back her child through an exorcism conducted by two priests.
Doors to the venue open at 6pm sharp and the movie starts at 7.30pm. Arrive early to reserve your spot on the lawn, hire a comfy backrest and a warm blanket (you’ll need all the comfort you can get) and enjoy the market vibe before the movie starts.
Delicious, mouth-watering treats, wine and craft beers will all be on sale. In theme with the evening, guests are encouraged to dress up – The Galileo will be giving away four “Warm and Comfy” tickets with popcorn to the best-dressed couple.
- Standard: R70
- Warm: R79 (plus blanket)
- Comfy: R88 (plus backrest)
- Warm & Comfy: R95 (plus blanket and backrest)
Join us for one of our other dress-up evenings:
- 5 November Moulin Rouge: Burlesque
- 25 November Shawshank Redemption: Prison attire
- 25 December Elf: Santa’s entourage
- 28 January A Fistful of Dollars: The wild wild West
- 26 February Rocky Horror Show: Weird, wonderful and all things in between
- 12 March Zoolander: Outrageous, funky fashion
- 21 April Pulp Fiction: Which character are you?
For more information on each venue and to purchase tickets, visit www.thegalileo.co.za.
Distributed by Be-cause Integrated Communications:
021 447 1082 / 082 824 8617
On behalf of The Galileo Open Air Cinema
Director: Huenu Solsona