Be-cause Integrated Communications, a young and dynamic communications hub, is hiring! Based in Observatory, Cape Town we are a niche agency operating in the cause environment. We work with corporates, brands and NGOs and generate awareness around sustainability, education, health and gender activism to name a few key areas. We also work with local start-ups who are doing really cool things. We get people talking about our clients – a lot!
Position: Public Relations Assistant / Account Manager
Interviews to be scheduled from September 2018.
- Excellent writing skills
- Critical thinking
- Common sense
- Can do attitude
- Team worker
- Solution driven thinker
- Driver’s license
- General interest in current affairs
- Ability to work under pressure and fast turn around times
- Attention to detail a pre-requisite
- Quick learner
- Able to multi-task and think on your feet
- Able to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Confident to pick up the phone and pitch a story
- Able to work independently
- Current affairs
- Citizen activism
- Social media
- Trend watching
- Human behaviour – what makes us tick?
Duties and responsibilities:
Undertake to be trained and assist in the following roles:
- Social media management and engagement
- Developing and growing media relationships
- Pitching stories – print, broadcast and online
- Copywriting and press release writing
- Compiling status and action reports
- Coverage reporting
- Social media advertising reporting
We are a small team of dedicated PR professionals are in involved at every level to ensure our clients remain happy. We have a lot of fun but work really hard and get things done. We don’t make things pretty for our clients; we talk about real issues and put our clients in the centre of it all as the experts.
Excited by what you’ve read? Strongly feel that you meet the brief? Send us your CV, we’d love to hear from you – firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary dependent on level of experience.